Sunday 19 June 2011

Andy Murray has become British tennis' first 16-million-dollar man at Wimbledon Championship

Andy Murray, Britain, $ 16 million man became the first tennis at Wimbledon Championship, but his pride will sweep all the money.

Scot is No.4 in the world, but he is still in the semi-finals after losing two finals to a SW19 and the All England Club is desperate to break his Grand Slam duck.

Empress last week to win $16.023 .618 Murray is the income court yesterday but he said that, "You can't put a price on a Grand Slam - and I would giveall that money back for a Wimbledon win."

Murray is in the form of his life and knows the famous pineapple lifting his head on July 3 topped Cup will make him rich beyond the wildest dreams.


The British No.1, however, insisted: "To win a title is what gets you fired up. This is about playing for history.

"It's not that I don't care about the money. But in the final at Queen's I had no idea how much the winner's cheque was compared to the runner-up's cheque.

"My only aim was to win the title and to win the tournament. That's what I am playing for. Yes, it is an incredible amount of money, and I know I am very lucky to earn that much by playing sport. It is something I enjoy doing and have enjoyed doing since I was a kid, so I'm very lucky.

"I'm conscious of the money when I am not playing. I'm very aware about how to invest my money and how to do the right things with it.

"But it's not something that you are thinking about when you are on the court.

"That's not what makes you nervous. It's not like, 'Oh this is for an extra ten grand or 20 grand.' It's about winning a Grand Slam."

Just as winning Queen's, Murray's best clay-court season is experienced and knows that there is a great hope of British tennis for men over 75 years of pain can would be done.

He open their new and more relaxed and humorous portrait of the Centre Court crowd and boost his popularity with the help will propel him to victory.

He said, "I do enjoy my tennis. This is what I am like as a person. In the past this side of me wasn't known so much.

"I kept a lot of things bottled up. But now I am just being myself. I used to think too much about what I might do on court or say off it. Now I just feel more comfortable in what I do.

"The best way is to just be yourself. It's great to get the support of the crowd and I want to use that to help me win the tournament."

Crosswords walking dogs between games of the newspaper as 'normal' things are and even their own virtual tennis video game from the game will try to relax.

Murray said: "I like it nice and quiet. The dogs will be here with me. I try to treat it like any other week. I don't want to sit there thinking about the tournament every minute. "I play virtual tennis - I am not very good at it. In the video game all the players have got these aspects of their play that are highlighted.

"Like Andy Roddick has a huge serve, and Rafa Nadal has a huge forehand. And Andy Murray is the 'slicemaster'. I wasn't happy with that at all!

"I used to play the video games when I was a kid and I would always be Roddick back then. But now I would definitely pick myself!"

No comments: